There are many opportunities to “get involved” at Uintah Basin Christian Academy (UBCA). The school is supported in part by student tuition and in part by donations from parents, supporters, and patrons from the community. In addition, there are also local churches in the community who contribute to this mission. One way to implement participation and support of the school is the Parents Actively Lending Support (PALS).
PARENT INVOLVEMENT AND FUNDRAISING
Parental involvement is essential to the success of a child’s educational experience and the effectiveness of the school as well. Therefore, parent participation is one expected part of the educational experience at UBCA. Criteria for the PALS program is as follows:
- Each UBCA family is responsible for completing a minimum of 30 hours of service for the benefit of the school community, or payment of $750 in lieu of work. Single parent households and 1/2 Day (only) parents are responsible for contributing 20 hours of service, or payment of $500. Each PALS hour is equivalent to $25 worth of service.
- Each PALS hour, performed by the child (4th grade and over in most instances), his/or her parents, grandparents, or other relatives, may be used toward the family’s PALS hours.
- The work requirement must be met for the year by May 18th, of the current school year.
- Parents are responsible for recording their hours and turning them in to the PALS Folder on a PALS hour form. Forms are available in the front office. This is the only format in which PALS hours will be accepted.
- PALS forms must be signed by the staff member responsible for overseeing the work.
- Parents may choose to pay or volunteer to eliminate some or all of the payment due for PALS hours.
- It is the school’s desire that each family will opt for the work hours rather than the payment plan.
There are several ways to earn PALS hours:
- Signing up for Smith’s Rewards and Amazon Smile Accounts
- Repair buildings and equipment
- Attending Parent Teacher Conferences
- Providing food/snacks during special events
- Assist in the classroom (reading, filing, tutoring)
- Work in the library (restocking shelves, organizing books, etc.)
- Help with maintenance and upkeep assistance (weeding, playground, painting, etc.)
- Drive for field trips, library, swimming, skating, etc.
- Volunteer for Fundraisers:
- Box Tops and Labels for Education Coordinator
- Pizza Fundraisers
- Trees for Charity
- Fireworks Stand Volunteers
- Cornhole–All aspects
- All families are encouraged to participate in fundraisers which are vital in order to provide the quality academic and extra-curricular programs UBCA offers.
- Snow removal during winter months
- Update bulletin boards
- Volunteer to help at special events such as PTF holiday lunches
- Volunteer to serve in our school lunch program
- More opportunities will become available
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9