There are many opportunities to “get involved” at Uintah Basin Christian Academy (UBCA). The school is supported in part by student tuition and in part by donations from parents, supporters, and patrons from the community. In addition, there are also local churches in the community who contribute to this mission. One way to implement participation and support of the school is the Parents Actively Lending Support (PALS).
PARENT INVOLVEMENT AND FUNDRAISING
Parental involvement is essential to the success of a child’s educational experience and the effectiveness of the school as well. Therefore, parent participation is one expected part of the educational experience at UBCA. Criteria for the PALS program is as follows:
- Each UBCA family is responsible for completing a minimum of hours of service each year for the benefit of the school or pay a monetary fee in lieu of work as follows:
Designation Service Hours Payment Yearly Quarterly Yearly Quarterly Two-parent Household 30 7.5 $750 $187.50 Single parent Household 20 5 $500 $125 Part-time Household 20 5 $500 $125
- It is the school’s desire that each family will opt for the work hours rather than the payment plan.
- Parents cannot transfer hours to other families. However, if a parent is unable to participate, another member of their family and/or another volunteer may be designated to serve on their behalf, at the discretion of the School Administrator.
- The work requirement must be met by the last calendar day of the school year.
- Parents are responsible for recording their hours and turning them in at the school office on a PALS SERVICE HOUR VOUCHER. Forms are available in the school office. This is the only format in which PALS hours will be accepted.
- Any exceptions to this policy must be approved by the School Administrator.
- Ways to Earn PALS hours: We welcome all different trades and talents you may have. The list of opportunities is changing based on current needs. The school office can provide PALS opportunities that are currently available. There is always a variety of PALS hours opportunities available.
- Recording and Reporting Hours/Pay in Lieu of Service:
- Parents are responsible for recording and reporting service hours on a PALS Service Hour Voucher.
- A voucher must be completed for each date of service. Vouchers are available in the school office for your convenience.
- Upon completion, return completed vouchers to the Office Manager.
- The Office Manager will be responsible for setting up and maintaining a PALS account for each family. The Office Manager will record each PALS voucher in to the school’s accounting software. For parents who have not completed the required number of service hours for the quarter, the Office Manger will end an invoice with the amount due for that quarter. Payment is due upon receipt and must be submitted to the school office.
Ways to serve:
- Signing up for Smith’s Rewards and Amazon Smile Accounts – 1 hour
- Repair buildings and equipment
- Attending Parent Teacher Conferences
- Providing food/snacks during special events
- Assist in the classroom (reading, filing, tutoring)
- Work in the library (restocking shelves, organizing books, etc.)
- Help with maintenance and upkeep assistance (weeding, playground, painting, etc.)
- Drive for field trips, library, swimming, skating, etc.
- Volunteer for Fundraisers:
- Box Tops and Labels for Education Coordinator
- Pizza Fundraisers
- Trees for Charity
- Fireworks Stand Volunteers
- Cornhole Tournaments–All aspects
- All families are encouraged to participate in fundraisers which are vital in order to provide the quality academic and extra-curricular programs UBCA offers.
- Snow removal during winter months
- Update bulletin boards
- Volunteer to help at special events such as PTF holiday lunches
- Volunteer to serve in our school lunch program
- More opportunities will become available
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9